Hurricane Season is fast approaching and for the 2016 season we recommend you do the following:
- Make sure you empty your refrigerator/freezers of perishable foods.
- Make sure smoke alarms are working and have fresh batteries.
- Place phone, cable and internet service on “vacation status”.
- Notify your pool company and pest control company that you are leaving.
- Remove all furniture from lanai.
- Place towels against French doors to prevent rains from coming in.
- Open all interior doors to promote airflow.
- Slightly close blinds to allow adequate light exposure.
- Change air conditioner filters/have unit serviced.
- Place toaster/toaster oven in a plastic bag and tie shut to prevent ants.
- Add bleach to toilet bowls. Cover with plastic wrap to prevent a black ring.
- Turn off circuit breaker to hot water heater to conserve energy.
- Make arrangements for maintenance of your hurricane shutters and installation.
- Turn off main water valve to house.
- If you live in a gated community, notify the guard of your departure.
If you have any questions, please remember to contact Sun Coast Home Watch.